Monday, May 4, 2009

Bakwas Bandh Karo [May-04]

Section B

1. Prof: ** discusses about Pareto Analysis and the 80-20 rule **
Student 1: What is the practical application? 
Student 2: 80% of the Arbit CP is done by 20% of the people. You alone are filling up for that 20% !

2. Prof: ** Shows a ad of Tanishq shot in 2000 ** So what did you notice ?
Students General : Blah Blah Blah etc etc
Student 1: **After all the guns fell silent ** I noticed Sushma Reddy !

3. Prof: ** Shows one more ad of Tanishq and then turns back to see about 40 odd hands waiting to grab his attention ** What are we raising hands for ??

Section C

1. Arbit mail (sent to Students 2010) and Goel :

Hi (Sarovar),

I would like to know whether I have to pay even if I don't eat few meals in a month. [SHALL I TAKE IT AS FIXED COST OR VARIABLE COST] For example I'm in XYZ today. So I've skipped lunch and dinner. Do I need to pay for the meals? [IF YES, SPECIFY WHETHER YOU WILL ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS. I'LL SWIPE IT IN THE MOUTH OF THE GUY WHO GREETS ME AT THE DOOR] 

Please let me know.[AND YES DO HIT THE "REPLY TO ALL" BUTTON SO THAT MY FRIENDS KNOW THAT THEY CANT USE MY NAME TO CHEAT YOU GUYS AND STEAL A SUMPTOUS MEAL] 



Section D

1. Prof: What are the two numbers we need for Binomial Probability ?
Student: Probability P and 1-P .... (1- [something] is so complicated nowadays. What will he do knowing "N" anyways)

Section F

1. Student: Sir, I am basically trying to understand if my understanding is correct.  

2. Student: Sir .. Sir .. Sir ... (gets attention after 10 minutes) ... * 2 second silence * Sorry Sir, I forgot the point I had !

3. Prof teaching something. suddenly turns towards a student. Student "NO SIR !!!! I did not raise my hand!!!"

4. Arbit mail (sent to Resident Faculty, Team ASA, Student 2010) nomination

"Hi,

 I haven’t been able to submit my honour code form. [I FORGOT TO DO IT SO I'LL PUNISH THE ENTIRE COMMUNITY AT IME FOR NOT REMINDING ME TO DO IT ON TIME] 

Kindly guide me on how I can do the same.[YOU BETTER DO IT IF YOU DONT WANT ANY MORE MAILS. YOU CAN SIGN MY NAME IN GREEK IF YOU WANT]" 


Section G

1. Arbit mail (sent to 2010) nomination 

"Hi (Alum), [OOPS DUDE, YOU MARKED THE MAIL TO THE WHOLE JUNTA ON CAMPUS]

I am extremely eager [I AM DESPERATE ACTUALLY, THAT’S WHY I PAID 20 LAKHS – JUST TO ATTEND THIS WORKSHOP. JUST WAIT AND WATCH MY EXTREME EAGERNESS, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT ELSE I AM GONNA DO] to attend this workshop.

I come from a IT products background [JOIN IN DUDE, YOU ARE NOW OFFICIALLY PART OF THE HERD] and plan to pursue a career in Hi-tech [HI-TECH ? WHAT IS THAT? SOME SPACE RESEARCH PROGRAM?] where innovation is a key to gain competitive advantage [WAH, WAH WHAT A LINE…].

Product design is a subject close to my heart [APART FROM ALL THE COOL CHICKS ON CAMPUS WHO ARE EVEN CLOSER TO MY HEART] and I plan to go on exchange to Bukley-Bas to pursue the same.

Please reserve a seat for me [SORRY SIR, ALL SEATS TO THIS DESTINATION ARE BUSY, PLEASE TRY AFTER SOME TIME].