Monday, May 25, 2009

Bakwas Bandh Karo [May-25]

Section A

Prof: You have a question?
Girl Student (surprised) : No Sir !
Prof: Oh ! You are scratching ... I thought you have a question.
** Class ROFL **

Section C

1. Prof: We test for step 2 and then go to step 3

Student1: Sir why don’t we go to step 3 first and then to step 2?

Student2: Yes sir, why don’t we do it in that order?

Prof: ** Nods understandingly and explains **

** Class ROFL **

2.  Arbit email to section nomination 

I was also told by one of the TA’s that I was on the dreaded cold-call list (read kiss my ass list) [seems like I have been on that list far too many times] but was not given a chance by the professor because he was too busy focusing on the moral fabric of society (i.e. working at the bottom of the pyramid) [and I am not even worth that. Btw I am Grasim branded fabric]


Section F

Game theory 1 lecture, there is a strategy matrix on the board,

Prof: The South-West quadrant is the Nash equilibrium point, it’s home, remember the home analogy: sitting on the couch, with couple of beers in your hand? Now who would want to leave home? So [student], in this situation, which place would you say is away from home?

Student: do you mean in India?

(Expected ans: “anything that isn’t the South-West quadrant”)


One for the Batch

1. Arbit email nomination

Student send B-Plan to WCED but hits Reply to All and ends up sending to the entire Student community at IME. 

Then came the line in the next email: "The "all" did not mean students 2010 ['all' is now selective] ....pls ignore this mail....it was sent accidentally......"

And DO NOT....read the attachment...... [wah ! Wah ! Kya line hai !]


2. Good email but notice the awesome number crunching .. too much of case studies ??

"If each one of us joins and is connected to 100 unique people, we create a strong network of 56000 people. (right now 123 people are there) 

It can be one of the strongest professional network that we can create in our batch.

Scaling it to 3000 alums, we can potentially connect to 3000*100 = 3 lakh people at the 2nd level "


3. Everybody wonders about the "dudes" who are constantly on their laptop inside Khemka. BBK caught with a few just to understand their reasons:

    * Type 1 - The frustu single: I have been single all my life. Khemka might be my lucky charm. Maybe Facebook will recommend a girl friend through their friend suggestions. So surfing internet in Khemka is a must.

   * Type 2 - The Despogrado: I am not cool because of my Arbit CP in class. So maybe surfing the net will improve my social quotient and women would think that I am COOL. Anyways all I surf is the Blackboard wondering when the next set of grades are released.

   * Type 3: The harried Married man: My wife totally beats with the Belan when I surf net at home. So for me Khemka is the only refuge !


So please pity those who are hooked onto their laptops inside Khemka. They have no life !