Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Bakwas Bandh Karo [May-26]

Section A

Prof: (explaining game theory – first mover advantage) So what do you think you should do as the leader or the first mover in this market?

(The whole class is thinking…only one hand is flying in the air the instant the question was over)

Prof is happy (atleast one person knows the answer!!)

Prof: Yes, what do you think?

Student: Ma’am, if you are a leader shouldn’t you do what leaders do? [Nominated for Nobel Prize 2010 for this amazing discovery]


Section B

** Director - SLC aspirant uses results from a survey for his presentation **

Student: Is this a representative sample of IME? [You can do this as part of your Independent Study Program as to how to bring Stats into every walk of life and ruin that walk]


Section E

** Q&A time for Director - ALA aspirants **

Student: My question is for XYZ . You said that "alums ... shadow ... etc etc" 

XYZ: I didnt say it 

Student (confused): Oh sorry ! I had my laptop on ! I think it was said by ABC 

ABC: No .. I didnt say it either

** Junta ROFL. Now you know why the damn Laptop should be switched off **


One for the batch

1. Audi saw very poor turnout for the Soapbox. I thought it was apathy but I now understand that its a strategy. If people dont turn up for Soapbox then they will do inki-minki myna moe and tick on someone. That someone unfortunately would invariably be the wrong choice [Remember Murphy's laws]. Then later people will have someone to blame for their miseries. I understand that some of them have made a career out of blaming others.

2. 'Rational' email of the day

"Do you think post MBA you will find a rational world, sir! [This is my first rational sentence with a irrational assumption]

World is irrational and let IME be a sample of that population. [I believe in be and 'let' be even if it is as a sample specimen of my rationality-junkie species]

There is a difference between management and administration (IAS or IPS is a better career option for that, MBA is not). [Is it? Apart from the spelling something else too is different? Wasnt "A" in MBA Administration?]

You try and influence people by your ideas, which NJ and couple others did and people DIDN’T boo them… did they??? ALL the top candidates for president election WERE NOT booed!!! Check for data on that.[Ya ! You know that I am a stats stud with data and stuff though my reading skills (like reading emails in full) are as not as good ! Since I have no more 'rational' stuff to say let me get personal.] 

If you chose to stand for presi/directorship and junta booed, well tough luck! No one forced you to do so! [Someone didnt force me to write shit. It comes natural to me]